The Swarm is an Analog Fuzz Harmonizer that sounds like a thousand killer bees coming to get you! It basically turns your input signal into a square wave, than multiplies and divides the frequency of that wave, giving you nine possible harmonies in two different octaves.
Modulation is applied to the harmonies making them go from a nearly perfect tracking harmony to a wild and uncontrollable swarm of mad bees.
- WORKER sets the level of your input signal, now fuzzy and buzzy.
- SPECIES allows you to select between 9 different intervals for your harmonies.
- QUEEN and DRONE set the levels for each of the harmonies that stay one octave apart.
- FLIGHT and STING control the modulation applied to the harmonies. They are highly interactive controls and you will find many different sounds by just messing with them.
- STING sets how fast or slow the harmonies will follow your playing. Turn it CCW for it to feel like the harmonies sting you at every note you play. Turn it CW and the harmonies will sound like a drunk bee hovering up and down around the root.
- FLIGHT will set the response of the modulation. CCW the harmonies will keep it oscillating up and down, while CW it will glide and hold from one note to the next.
- MASTER control will set your output volume. With all that said, no matter how one tries to explain the theory and what each control does, the Swarm is best when played by instinct.